Abstract Submission is closed!
Extended Deadline for Abstract Submission:
23 July 2018 (Mon) Midnight, HKT
Share your experience and your work by presenting at the Joint RACMA & HKCCM 2018 ASM
All abstract submissions will be subject to review. Authors should ensure that the following criteria are met in their abstract submission:
- Successful presenting authors will be required to pay at least a single day registration
- No funding is available to support presenters
- The topic is relevant and important to the chosen sub theme
- Subject matter is original or innovative
- Paper must add to the knowledge-base of the discipline
Abstracts must confirm to the requirements as outlined:
- Abstracts should be limited to 500 words
- Abstracts for presentations must be submitted via the submission portal by midnight, HKT, 23 July 2018.
Opportunities for presenting:
The Organising Committee seeks to support innovation in the delivery of ideas. We encourage you to think of the best way of engaging with your audience, sharing your experience and generating exploration and learning.
In curating the program, the Joint Scientific Program Committee will seek to build a program of linked discussions through the sessions. Abstract authors may be asked to re frame or further develop their exploration; or explore a collaborative presentation with an author who has submitted a similarly themed abstract.
If you would like to present an Oral or Poster Presentation at the conference, please nominate this request when you submit via the Submission Portal on the conference website. Presentations which are not accepted for an oral presentation may be offered a poster presentation.
- Oral Presentations are 20mins long which includes 3 minutes for questions and answers to be held at the conclusion of each presentation
- This timing should include allowance for interaction with the participants through either question and answer or group discussion
- We would encourage those electing to use a concurrent session to explore the best way of engaging with your audience
- Presentations which are not accepted for an oral presentation may be offered a poster presentation
Location & Time
The poster section will be located at the foyer of Run Run Shaw Hall, 1/F, Hong Kong Academy of Medicine Jockey Club Building during 7 to 8 September 2018. The poster presenters are recommended to stand by their poster to discuss the contents with interested delegates for at least one of the poster sessions.
Poster Set up and Removal Schedule
The poster presenters can set up and remove their posters according to the below schedule:
|Set up time:||7 September 2018 (Friday): 08:00-10:00|
|Dismantle time:||8 September 2018 (Saturday): 13:30-15:30|
Undismantled posters after 16:00 on 8 September 2018 will be handled by the venue workers and the removed posters will NOT be returned to the authors.
Poster Size and Mounting
Available space for each poster is 2 m (height) x 0.9m (width) in portrait orientation only.
The poster presenters should display their abstract number at the top left-hand corner of their poster. Please make the font easily readable from the viewing distance – point 24 or more (for text content) is recommended (larger font is expected for titles, authors and sub-headings).
Mounting supplies (cellulose tape, adhesive Velcro and blue-tack) will be available at the poster display area during the set-up period. Push pins are NOT allowed. You are also RESTRICTED to use staples or to stick the self-adhesive posters directly on the poster board since it is extremely difficult to be removed. NO computer or other multimedia facilities will be available at the venue for poster presentation.
Abstract Submissions close Monday, 23 July 2018.